BU-810a: How to Repair a Laptop Battery

Most laptop batteries are smart. This means that the pack consists of two parts: the chemical cells and the digital circuit. If the cells are weak, cell replacement makes economic sense. While nickel-based cells are readily available, lithium-ion cells are commonly not sold over the counter, and most manufacturers only offer them to authorized pack assemblers. This precaution is understandable given liability issues. Read also about Safety Concerns and Protection Circuits. Always use the same chemistry; the mAh rating can vary if all cells are replaced.

A laptop battery may have only one weak cell, and the success rate of replacing the affected cell depends on the matching with the others. All cells in a pack must have a similar capacity because an imbalance shortens the life of the pack. Read more about Can Batteries Be Restored?. Furthermore, the state-of-charge of all cells being charged for the first time should have a similar charge level, and the open-circuit voltages should be within 10 percent of each other. Welding the cells is the only reliable way to get dependable connection. Limit the heat transfer to the cells during welding to prevent excess heat buildup.

The typical SMBus battery has five or more battery connections consisting of positive and negative battery terminals, thermistor, clock and data. The connections are often unmarked; however, the positive and negative are commonly located at the outer edges of the connector and the inner contacts accommodate the clock and data. (The one-wire system combines clock and data.) For safety reasons, a separate thermistor wire is brought to the outside. Figure 1 illustrates a battery with six connections.

Terminal connection of a typical laptop battery

Figure 1: Terminal connection of a typical laptop battery

The positive and negative terminals are usually placed on the outside; no norm exists on the arrangement of the other contacts.

Courtesy of Cadex

Some batteries are equipped with a solid-state switch that is normally in the “off” position and no voltage is present on the battery terminals; connecting the switch terminal to ground often turns the battery on. If this does not work, the pack may need a proprietary code for activation, and battery manufacturers keep these codes a well-guarded secret.

How can you find the correct terminals? Use a voltmeter to locate the positive and negative battery terminals and establish the polarity. If no voltage is available, a solid-state switch in the “off” position may need activating. Connecting the voltmeter to the outer terminals, take a 100-Ohm resistor (other values may also work), tie one end to ground, and with the other end touch each terminal while observing the voltmeter. If no voltage appears, the battery may be dead or the pack will require a security code. The 100-Ohm resistor is low enough to engage a digital circuit and high enough to protect the battery against a possible electrical short.

Establishing the connection to the battery terminals should now enable charging. If the charge current stops after 30 seconds, an activation code may be required, and this is often difficult if not impossible to obtain.

Some battery manufacturers add an end-of-battery-life switch that turns the battery off when reaching a certain age or cycle count. Manufacturers argue that customer satisfaction and safety can only be guaranteed by regularly replacing the battery. Such a policy tends to satisfy the manufacturer more than the user, and newer batteries do not include this feature.

If at all possible, connect the thermistor during charging and discharging to protect the battery against possible overheating. Use an ohmmeter to locate the internal thermistor. The most common thermistors are 10 Kilo Ohm NTC, which reads 10kΩ at 20°C (68°F). NTC stands for negative temperature coefficient, meaning that the resistance decreases with rising temperature. In comparison, a positive temperature coefficient (PTC) causes the resistance to increase. Warming the battery with your hand may be sufficient to detect a small change in resistor value when looking for the correct terminal on the battery.

In some cases the chemical battery can be restored, but the fuel gauge might not work, is inaccurate, or will provide wrong information. After repackaging, the battery may need some sort of initialization/ calibration process. Simply charging and discharging the pack to reset the flags might do the trick. A “flag” is a measuring point to mark and record an event.

The circuits of some smart batteries must be kept alive during cell replacement. Disconnecting the voltage for only a fraction of a second can erase vital data in the memory. The lost data could contain the resistor value of the digitized shunt that is responsible for the coulomb counter. Some integrated circuits (IC) responsible for fuel gauge function have wires going to each cell, and the sequence of assembly must to be done in the correct order.

To assure continued operation when changing the cells, supply a secondary voltage through a 100-Ohm resistor to the circuit before disconnection and remove the supply only after the circuit receives voltage again from the new cells. Cell replacement of a smart battery has a parallel with open-heart surgery, where doctors must keep all organs of the patient alive.

Anyone repairing an SMBus battery needs to be aware of compliance issues. Unlike other tightly regulated standards, the SMBus allows some variations, and this can cause problems when matching battery packs with existing chargers. The repaired SMBus battery should be checked for compatibility before use. More information on SMBus is available on www.sbs-forum.org and www.acpi.info.

Simple Guidelines when Repairing Battery Packs

Comments

On March 7, 2011 at 7:00am
mahmood jaser wrote:

hello
i have a laptop battery(10.8volts ,55Wh ) with samsung cells ICR18650-26A
and another laptop battery(10.8 volts ,47Wh,4200mAh)with Sony cells is it posiible to replace each one with the other ? is there will be any damage to my laptop ? what is the meaning of (Wh and mAh )and what is the difference between the two baterries and cells discribed above?
please answer me

On March 11, 2011 at 9:19pm
samir wrote:

no its never ever possible

On April 19, 2011 at 12:38am
Ramya wrote:

1.Can the laptop be used without battery but being plugged in?
2.If battery is charged fully but stilled being plugged in, what is the risk?
3.In certain circumstances of updating, Windows needs th laptop to be plugged in,why is it necessary/

On April 22, 2011 at 5:22pm
Nuno wrote:

Ramya,
answers:
1 -Can the laptop be used without battery but being plugged in?
yes it can. Of course in the event of power failure it will go off on the moment.

2.If battery is charged fully but stilled being plugged in, what is the risk?
  Almost none. Li-ion batteries permanently lose capacity. The rate of losing capacity is proporcional to temperature. IF they are exposed to hot temperatures they will have shorter lifes. So, best way to prolong battery life is to charge it to full capacity and store it in the fridge when not needed. Its not very practical dough.

This happens whenever the time expected to complete the operation is very long. So, if the computer was being run on battery it would be probable it will discharge before the task was done.

On May 25, 2011 at 10:39pm
mario henry corea v wrote:

estudiare esto detenidamente para evitar errores personales gracias por enseñarme

On June 1, 2011 at 5:26am
Arthur Anthony wrote:

Please how can i get the chemical cells for laptop battery

On June 18, 2011 at 10:09am
jayville wrote:

Pls Help me with dis….. (1) i;ll like to charge my fone with a dell laptop battery whenever theres no power. can i connect my charger bit to the positive and negative direct to the battery? (2) how to i recharge the laptop battery itself. Can i do this with the charge system in an rechargeable torch?

On June 22, 2011 at 5:30am
Leo Cai wrote:

Dear Purchasing Manager

This is Leo from Better Power Electronic Co.,Ltd.  Factory directly with best price and qualtiy laptop battery. CE+RoHS certification. One year warranty

Dell D620…...............$17.48     11.1V   4400mAh
HP DV4…..................$18.47     11.1V   4400mAh
Toshiba PA3399…......$17.81     10.8V   4400mAh
Sony BPS8…............$26.5     11.1V     4400mAh
Apple A1175:............$23.32       11.1V   5800mAh

If you are interested in our product,kindly contact me for free, i will be glad to offer our detail quotations for you
Best regards

Leo Cai

Better Power Electronics Co., Ltd
Add:Better-Power Bldg. Mabuxincun, Shiyan,Baoan, Shenzhen,China
MSN:sales9@better-power.com.hk
E-mail:sales9@better-power.com, muyanglian@gmail.com
Skype: muyanglian
Tel: 86-0755-29686606-881(ext)
Mobile:86-15220192797
Website:www.better-power.com

On July 11, 2011 at 5:30pm
Steve wrote:

Hello,

I was inquiring about the C7000 series in order to wake up a couple Dell laptop batteries that have resisted taking any charge after being away from the laptop for an extended period of time.

I was given the following as part of the response:

“Testing Dell Laptop batteries, can however, be a challenge as in many cases they have a protection circuit in the batteries which doesn’t allow it to “handshake” or communicate with the analyzer to get the charge going.”

1. Is there any reliable way to get around the handshake issue?

2. How do I know which Dell laptop batteries have that problem?

3. I understand it was only the older laptop batteries and not the newer
ones that are affected. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Steve

On September 7, 2011 at 8:28am
Ramya wrote:

Though Battery is fully charged…
System shut downs after 15-20 minutes…
But If plugged in works properly..
What would be the problem?

On September 20, 2011 at 7:22am
warren huntley wrote:

sasnyo makes a barret [eneloop] that holds a charg to 85% over a yr. why cant this type batt. be used in comp. with lithium batt. they have ashort shelf life because of internal loss do to impureities in manufacture ,sonyo uses nano technoligy ,

On September 24, 2011 at 8:25am
Doug wrote:

I have a PowerBook g4. The power port on My dc in power board where my power cord plugs in has gone bad. Apple doesn’t make the part anymore so now I’m stuck with a computer that can’t power up. I saw that they sell an external battery charger for all laptops. Is it possible to use my existing power cord and hook it up to my battery to charge it? If yes can you describe in detail how to do so?

On January 7, 2012 at 3:24pm
SPG wrote:

Hi.
is there any way of connecting charger instead of battery?
my laptop doesn’t work from charger but works on battery - can i remove battery and connect charger there to laptop instead of battery?

On January 7, 2012 at 7:20pm
Munna wrote:

One of hcl laptop battery which battery backup time is very much less than expected. No how i improve my btry life.

model is c4500BAT-6 (LI-ION btery pack) is
pls answer me.

On January 20, 2012 at 6:39pm
Munna wrote:

Pls ans. Me.

On February 19, 2012 at 3:20pm
shkenca wrote:

I found this site very helpful,
however I still I am not sure hoe to remove the old cells without disconnecting the chip from power. Anyone help me to find wires that feed the chip.
thanks, looking forward for help on this issue

On February 19, 2012 at 3:29pm
shkenca wrote:

Any advice or idea where to get extra tabs, while I build the new battery, besides those that are attached to the cells and others that i sav from the old battery.

thanks

On February 19, 2012 at 3:31pm
shkenca wrote:

thanks

On March 1, 2012 at 4:55am
Yason wrote:

I have Dell latitude 620d

From 3 days ago, my Laptop can’t connect the battery..
First i see 100 %..
But It’s just drop cent by cent..

And then, i just ussage power AC and the battery is still not connect to my laptop up today~

Sorry my grammar is bad~

Thanks

On March 13, 2012 at 2:16am
Shannon wrote:

I have just brought a new charger for my Toshiba laptop to replace an old one that had a wire exposed and damaged. The new charger is supplying the correct voltage and turns my computer on and displays 0% available (plugged in,not charging)
Is there power surge protectors installed to avoid damaging your battery or computer hardware on toshiba laptops?
Could the damaged wire have caused a problem with the battery or with my laptop itself ?

On March 18, 2012 at 6:21am
KAILASH wrote:

I have laptop about 2 years old that is Compact professional 610, in which the battery is not taking back up for single second due to sort by high voltage but i can use it during the electricity is available.

Kindly suggest me what should i do or option

On April 19, 2012 at 8:59pm
Moinul Hasan wrote:

I Have rebuild my compaq C700 laptop but its not charging. After few debug i have found that the problem is on the circuit of the battery. is there any way to over come the problem? I found ur blog helpful. If i get any solution to redirect the charging option or any technique to redirect the connection.

On April 21, 2012 at 2:23pm
wale jones wrote:

this is nice

On April 25, 2012 at 5:08am
SN wrote:

Hi, my old battery is BTP-ARJ1 and it was dead.then i bought new one.but it is not charging more than 2% it says plugged in,not charging.so I replace my old battery’s circuit with new one.now the battery is charging but it says “consider replacing battery” same as my old one.is there anything i can do with this.

On April 25, 2012 at 1:39pm
robert leiker wrote:

lots of good info love it

On May 24, 2012 at 7:04am
Jose Alberto Vega wrote:

Where I can find the schematic circuits and components list: SMBus adapter parallel port??
AccPlus program is useless, if not physically connect the battery to the PC through the parallel interface.

View picture here:

On May 26, 2012 at 5:48pm
Musbaudeen wrote:

Pls help! my hp laptop battery won’t on my laptop,I have to remove the battery to on the system with power source before it will come on, and then put the battery back, & it charges & also retain charge for some time, pls what can i do to fix this.

On May 26, 2012 at 7:41pm
robert leiker wrote:

buy new battery

On June 8, 2012 at 8:42pm
Ray Perry wrote:

after charging 200ah AGM battery with an Arlec 12 battery charger can I leave the pos and neg leads connected after turning off the 240v. It is very awkward to reach the battery charger leads to disconnect them.

On June 9, 2012 at 3:05am
Jose Alberto Vega wrote:

Ok, now I have a module: SMBus adapter parallel port. Well ...
How do I connect to the laptop battery to erase the memory of the eprom?
Many cables, but only seven connectors on the battery ...
I have the program installed on my computer, the parallel port adapter SMBus connected and running, but I don´t know how to connect to the battery, and then, everything is useless…

On June 11, 2012 at 11:36pm
Pankaj wrote:

I’ve Panasonic CF29 tough Book. And it’s battery is giving poor backup from 75% capacity. It gets immediately discharge after 75%. I’ve talked to Panasonic engineers but they said, they have stopped production of this product and unfortunately they also don’t have stock of accessories of this tough book. Can you please tell me How can repaire this battery? It’s a 9 cell battery. I don’t have an option, please help, otherwise I’ve to through this expensive tough book into the Dustbin

On July 1, 2012 at 2:10pm
RK Murthy Challa wrote:

ThanQ Very much and happy to see such an article, which gives immense idea to rebuilt a laptop batteries to every electronic hobbyist

On July 9, 2012 at 8:37am
Nooman Mufti wrote:

This was a great article. I had disconnected my Dell Studio 1535 battery circuit from the battery for a whole day and now its not working.

I was hoping you can tell me which ‘Ground’ connection to give the 100 ohm resistor ?
Should I connect one end of the resistor to the ‘Ground’ of the Dell circuit mentioned on this website, while keeping the voltmeter connected to the circuit as well ?

I fear an actvation code is required.
Nooman Mufti

On July 28, 2012 at 4:48am
Aaron wrote:

I am facing a problem. I have a notebook of hp 3549tu . its battery does not connect. the battery’s negative prod is on interface but possitive pole is unknown, ics are perhaps short or any other fault. who may repair it.
may you sujest me where to send it for repair?

On July 28, 2012 at 9:37pm
amit wrote:

i have HCL ME laptop and facing problem of “consider a new battery” . My laptop battery is just 2 yr old . Is this is possible to repair my battery?

On August 11, 2012 at 4:34am
Free live chatting wrote:

thanks….

On August 24, 2012 at 5:46pm
ankit wrote:

i want a battery for my HCL laptop.can u suplz help

On August 25, 2012 at 4:20am
Free live chatting wrote:

thanks…

On August 29, 2012 at 11:20pm
lawrence wrote:

I have a toshiba laptop it starts up normally but cannot charge when Ac adapter is pluged in,it works for a few minutes and then shuts down,even with a different adapter and can a laptop use power directly without the batery but with Ac adapter.

thanks

On August 30, 2012 at 7:11am
Ramya wrote:

I think your battery need to be replaced yar…
And Its possible to use laptop plugged in without battery…

On September 6, 2012 at 2:51am
tj wrote:

i found as a temporary battery i can use a 12 volt and a 6 volt battery wired in series to make 18 volts and then solder it onto my laptops old broken charger cable works great i just had the idea the other day and to charge them i just use a lead acid battery charger i can charge them while it is plugged into the laptop the laptop doesnt care still keeps running and will work for most laptops as 18 volts is pretty standard.

On September 6, 2012 at 5:12am
Free live chatting wrote:

thanks…..

On September 20, 2012 at 7:05am
Dheinachandra Salam wrote:

16’’ monitor HCL Laptop
My battery backup is only 20mn, So I want more backup battery.

On October 9, 2012 at 2:15am
Zandinga wrote:

Hi. I’ve a SONY VGP-BPS13/B already without batteries. Does any one know how to jumpstart this battery? Voltage OK in cell terminals but 0 volt in battery pins. Does any one have the pin-out diagram of such battery (7 pins)? I’ve tried the procedure decribed with no success. Thanx!

On October 29, 2012 at 6:20pm
Serena wrote:

Hello i have a Toshiba laptop with a camera and mic -dont know what else-

My battery has said that it needs replacing, But it charges up fully it has said this before and then a few days later the battery was fine, and the battery was fine just a few hours ago but i cut off the laptop while i went to the movie cut it back on and the battery needed replacing , Does this mean the battery really means replacing or that the computer is messed up or something like that?

Please Please Please Answer Me!

On October 31, 2012 at 12:07am
bestbattery168 wrote:

On November 5, 2012 at 7:02pm
Teddie wrote:

I have a sony laptop VGN-NW350G. My battery die, so I had to buy a new battery. Then my sis laptop batter die and we share the same batter. Our laptop are different but we have 1h and 30min that this laptop can charge up to. Since we started sharing the same batter, our laptop battery cut the 30min. Now it can only save up to 55min. Can you help me. =.= Oh yeah I find out my sis battery still work.

On November 19, 2012 at 11:01pm
Free live chatting wrote:

nice post…

On December 27, 2012 at 5:24am
dinesh kapadiya wrote:

dear sir palch
all laptop battery prich list send by e-mail

On December 31, 2012 at 12:26am
Nick wrote:

Ok Iam having a problem my laptop is an Dell D600 when ever I turn on the power button it just only glows for 10 second and then stops glowing I remember Tht when my laptop used to work if I would remove the Ac Adaptor it would turn off and Would never charge not for even a Minute anyone got a solution for this problem help will be appreciated

On January 8, 2013 at 11:19pm
taha wrote:

I have a laptop Apple MacBook Pro. Batteries after reaching 1051 cycles has been disabled and the message “Replace Battery” displays., But good battery and a charge of 80% will not use it.
Is there any way to activate the battery?

On January 8, 2013 at 11:59pm
taha wrote:

انگلیسیفارسیفرانسویAlpha
I have a laptop, the MacBook Pro 13-inch Apple do., Which has a battery smart. Then after reaching Cycle 1051 disabled, and a message “battery replacement” show., But good battery and a 80% charge, which can be used .
Is there any way to activate the battery?
Meanwhile I’m living in Iran due to international sanctions against Iran have access to Apple spare parts.
I’d be very grateful if someone could help me in this regard.

On January 9, 2013 at 6:02am
cable assembly manufacturers wrote:

Sigma Four is a ISO 9002 compliant company, it’s specialization includes contract a manufacturing of custom cable assemblies and electrical harnesses, power supplies, medical products and services, value added and kitting services, development of prototype systems.

On January 19, 2013 at 8:47am
southlondon roofing wrote:

I think both approaches have their respective pros and cons but I would prefer the torch down approach in a school environment.

On January 25, 2013 at 12:52pm
Amar Sale wrote:

My sony vaio model number VPCEA33EN is showing the battery message as ‘Unknown remaining’.
It is not getting charged and as soon as i remove the charger the laptop shuts off.
I called up the service center and they said that they can replace it but will cost like 150$ or Rs. 8000
Can the battery be repaired ?
Please tell me what to do as i can’t spend that much amount to buy a new battery.

On February 3, 2013 at 1:43am
rami wrote:

my laptop battery output =11 v but its dead now , can i replace the battery with (non specific) AC adapter that’s give me the equivalent output =11 or 15 v ..
could this hurt my motherboard or anything ??

On February 15, 2013 at 4:38pm
RALPH ADYE wrote:

I have replaced the PS for my daughter’s Gateway MX-6436 LT, and the MB, as it sometimes charges the battery, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it runs with the battery out and the PS in, and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it indicates charging, and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it turns off after 30 min as the power meter indicates a low charge, but won’t charge with either PS.
I feel I am chasing a ghost.
Does anyone have any ideas? It it as simple as a battery replacement?
Ralph

On February 16, 2013 at 12:44pm
someboy wrote wrote:

I’ve seen an atrouceous comment here advising to discharge the battery completely

On March 4, 2013 at 9:52pm
superseosolution wrote:

nice article for save laptop battery power please keep its.

On March 5, 2013 at 7:47am
pardeep kumar wrote:

where i buy compaq c794 laptop battery cell in india

On March 5, 2013 at 7:49am
pardeep kumar wrote:

where i buy compaq laptop c794 battery cell in india

On March 24, 2013 at 9:24pm
Daniel MM wrote:

hi, I have a toshiba qosmio f20 laptop , with out a battery pack. I have got spare Ni-cd
re chargeable cells.  will anybody kindly help me by providing the circuit diagram for the battery pack , so that I can fabricate it. I am an electronic technician , so if I get the diagram
I can do it myself

On March 25, 2013 at 3:40am
Salman wrote:

A question Sir!
Why its is necessary that we must use a cell of same chemistry, we are just dealing with voltage and current. Why the chemistry matters?

On May 14, 2013 at 12:38pm
AJAY KUMAR YADAV wrote:

Can the battery be repaired ?

On May 18, 2013 at 9:17am
a.c.prasanna wrote:

i wont Toshiba c655 s5206 new battery

On May 19, 2013 at 7:16am
A.VELAYUDHANpILLAI wrote:

sir,  I have a hp laptop and is one set of cells in battery found weak and replaced delicately.  Unfortunately the battery is not recognized by the laptop. I think the pcb inside the battery is not delivering the supply.  is it possible to make the battery to working condition.?

On May 26, 2013 at 7:51pm
hardybeo wrote:

How to calibration li-ion battery and minimize wear level ?

On June 24, 2013 at 10:22pm
Locksmiths Dublin wrote:

As a security service provider, Locksmiths Dublin offers an array of services in and around Dublin. Over the time, they have earned a name in the industry by providing
quality service.

Thanks,
Locksmiths Dublin

On August 9, 2013 at 4:16am
Vas wrote:

Sony Vaio relacement battery (of SONY) is not accepted by my note (VPCF1). Not starting, not charging, status unknown, red charging indicator blinking. Tried to patch BIOS with no avail - says model not supported, but I am sure IT IS supported (checked on the specification online). How do I make it work, PLEEEEASE!!!!

On September 3, 2013 at 1:44am
Doris wrote:

Dear Sir,

May i know that how do you repair the laptop batteries? Do you need test the laptop battery before you repair and after you repair well?

Best Regards,
Doris

On September 26, 2013 at 1:32am
zahra wrote:

i have compaq 610. issue is ,it notifies that charger is plugged in,but it does not charge .also, every time i plug out charger,laptop turns off without saving session.

On October 14, 2013 at 11:22am
Abhineet Mishra wrote:

So what do we have to do basically to Maximize the life of a battery… Shall i discharge the battery totally then charge it (everyday) Or should i Keep my Laptop In charging( Always).... What would be better According to YOU…?????

Please Do Reply…......

On November 14, 2013 at 1:56am
Luide Kakembo wrote:

Hello,
I need some help. My laptop (Acer Aspire 5742G) only works on battery power, and not through the A/C connector, even when the battery is disconnected. I have done multiple checks to confirm this.

Would it be possible to connect the A/C power to the battery port directly, since this is the only way to feed power into the Motherboard, and if so, how. I shall give a few ideas I have come up with, any thoughts are welcome:

1. Removing the cells in the battery and connecting the A/C terminals directly to the battery terminals, hence feeding A/C through there.

2. Leaving the battery intact, but insulating off the negative and positive terminals of the battery, then feeding A/C through these terminals onto the motherboard, to “trick” it into thinking a working battery is connected.

Thanks in advance for the help.

On November 22, 2013 at 10:58am
Menageryl wrote:

Why, oh, WHY do 85 percent of the people who post comments seem COMPLETELY incapable of reading and / or thinking??!?!??!!!??
This ENTIRE SITE is dedicated to battery technology people! Damn-near any question you could think of is answered SOMEWHERE here.
You see those headings and sub-headings to the left of the page? They take you to other parts of the site dealing with the information suggested in each heading. Put in just enough effort to open up a couple other pages on THIS SAME SITE and you’ll have your answers! Don’t be so damn lazy you can’t even do that!

Of course, daft questions like “where” to get specific parts, replacements, etc. are NOT going to be found.
You realise this is the Internet, no? And that the author(s) of the site probably DON’T live anywhere near wherever you are.
So explain to me how you expect him (them) to be able to provide answers like that?

<Sighs!> Apologies, but I’ve been going through a number of different pages on this site, and I see the same idiocy repeated painfully on near every one of them.

Good luck guys, I don’t mean any harm, I just want you to think - just a little -for yourself, and exercise your clicking finger a little…

THANKS FOR AN INCREDIBLY COMPREHENSIVE AND INFORMATIVE SITE BTW!!!

On November 24, 2013 at 12:03am
iftikhar ul haq wrote:

sir I have Presario CQ61 Compaq laptop. my battery lost his life and do not work with out plug in. first tell me easy way how can repair it . and secondly I am poor and student not able to buy new one. if u have battery on this model kindly give some concession to me that I buy it. thanks

On December 29, 2013 at 8:47am
Shamsu wrote:

I bought new battery for my acer 4737.but they gave me 4710 battery telling these are same.Now it is Charging fully.But when i running through battery it suddenly off even in 95%.Is it battery fault or my lap? please help me.

On January 2, 2014 at 4:49am
riaz mangat wrote:

how to open a seeled battery

On January 6, 2014 at 2:57pm
chandrashekhar verma wrote:

Sir, my leptop compaq610 version battery show 45% charging but neither take charging &  open lettop, when conect adapter and on compuer then battery show plugged in not charging.

On February 2, 2014 at 3:56am
hassan wrote:

hi there I have compaq persario 2500 laptop I have replaced the cell inside battery with new cells having same mAh & volt When I inserted it inside laptop it satrted doing weird thing & UUID is 00000 I have upgraded the Bios but the problem is same the led on Battery cover blinks on 20 plz give some solution

On February 15, 2014 at 1:59am
Stuart wrote:

I have a HP Probook laptop. One of the pins of the battery connection has broken off. Can the connection be replaced or do I have to replace the whole mother board?

On February 15, 2014 at 7:23am
Abdul Momin wrote:

Hai…
My hp laptop battery is down for about one month…it is not charging, but i still using by adapter…is there any problem using lptp without battery?

On February 16, 2014 at 6:13am
Denis Vaden wrote:

Hi, is it possible to simply bypass a solid state switch that requires an activation code?
What if one solders the positive terminal of the battery pack directly to the positive pin of the connector?
In my case I have a 3 cell battery pack from a lenovo netbook, ideapad s10e. It has a 7pin connector. The first pin is the positive and the last (the 7th) is the negative (ground). The individual cells are all new and fully charged (4,2v each). Being connected in series the voltage of the pack is 12.6v. However, the solid state switch cuts off current to the positive pin. What if I connect it directly to the red wire from the battery?
Thank you for your time!

On February 16, 2014 at 8:37pm
Hmm wrote:

My HP laptop G series battery has hardly ever been used. My sister has the same laptop and she uses hers all the time, has even had it longer than mine. She keeps her battery charging all the time. She has no issues.

Just out of the blue, my battery won’t hold a charge for very long. I read online that you can “jump start” a battery with a USB cable with the positive and negative wires stripped. Basically, you zap the battery. The online description talks about locating the positive and negative connectors but doesn’t make mention of these laptop batteries like in the pic above.

Is there a way to jump start the battery or to do a reconditioning procedure (whatever that may be) to get the battery to hold it’s charge? Right now, it only lasts for about 30 minutes when in the past it lasted for several hours or more.

On March 2, 2014 at 11:53am
Monir Hossain wrote:

I have a laptop. My laptop configuration is Hp pro book 4520s. Now i will tell about my laptop problem. The problem is battery. my laptop is not giving backup its totally zero backup but when i input charger in my laptop , my laptop is running through direct electric line.. what is the problem ? please anyone solve my laptop problem.

On March 23, 2014 at 12:16pm
Mike wrote:

Hi, i have a laptop. The problem with my laptop is battery. It stop charging at 25% and soon run down. Pls what can i do to make it charge to 100%?

On April 11, 2014 at 12:12pm
rahman wrote:

i have a laptop. My laptop configuration is Hp-dv5 , my laptop is not giving backup its totally zero backup but when i plugged power code for battry charger in my laptop , my laptop is running through direct electric line but it show…........ 0% available (plugged in, charging) replace battery.
whT SHOULD I DO PLS HELP ME

On April 22, 2014 at 11:30pm
Michael Gill wrote:

Thanks for not giving any hype. I’ll be looking around more for more education. Thanks.
hvac service los angeles

On May 6, 2014 at 9:38am
samiuddin abro wrote:

hi,
I have disconnect my laptop battery by not use the circuit alive how can be my battery circuit alive again,
I replace new battery but my laptop battery not work for a sec, it shows me 100% full but not work,
now I read on internet about SMBus & (smart battery system) :(

On June 8, 2014 at 12:09pm
TIGRAN wrote:

HI.My old acer extensa 4100 ms xpsp3 notebook show not correct battery voltage 0,001 in disscharge and 0,002 volt in charge time,even when i bought new battery.please answer my its a hardware or software(smbus driver) problem.

REGARDS

On June 10, 2014 at 11:14pm
stephen wrote:

Okay by trying this i was able to restore the charging capability for 30 seconds. I figure that this issue should be able to be fixed with a simple solution outside of buying a new battery since it shows signs of recharging. Any other suggestions?
Computer Repairs Dingley Village

On June 11, 2014 at 1:08am
TIGRAN wrote:

thanks for answer,battery chatging time is ok.onliy problem is wrong voltage displaying!

On June 11, 2014 at 8:24pm
Luckwinder Singh wrote:

hi, .If battery is charged fully but stilled being plugged in, what is the risk?
or now my laptop battery is charged full show but after 15-20 min my laptop is off os or battery is show 60% after restart ..now can i repair my laptop battery .. m laptop model hp povilion g6 1320 i5 please reply me

On June 12, 2014 at 12:24pm
TIGRAN wrote:

you mast recalibrate your battery.some model have option in bios boot setting.simple way is.full charge NB without startuo,after startup in safe mod(usually cklick continusaly on F8 ).still NB till self shutdown(some time need more time).after plug AC adapter and start up.idhese way help you.

REGARDS

On June 23, 2014 at 9:34am
om yadav wrote:

I bought a new dellA840 battery & i got discount of 300rupees by the seller by giving my old dell battery of A840 which was 10-15 min backup.
have i got right discount?
what they will do with that battery

On June 23, 2014 at 9:59am
TIGRAN wrote:

just open battery,change battery,change smart setting and like new battery sell you with discount.you are happy about 1 year.when quality battery its a normal,else some time will be BARABOOM(10%).

On June 27, 2014 at 8:41am
HIREN wrote:

can you provide laptop charger circuit diagram?

On June 27, 2014 at 11:39am
TIGRAN wrote:

WHICH MODEL IS YOUR NOTEBOOK?

On July 3, 2014 at 3:09am
HIREN wrote:

I need Vaio E series laptop charger circuit, which has 220v I/P and 19.5V O/P wtih 3.9A at 50-60 HZ….

On July 3, 2014 at 9:34am
TIGRAN wrote:

just bay new or used via EBAY,because some charger unrepairable.one time my opened hp original charger circuid was filled in some solid material.

On July 14, 2014 at 1:44pm
XCT wrote:

Hi
I replaced my hp dv6 battery cells
Before it showed 0% in windows
Now it shows 100% in windows
But it won’t boot on battery
If i boot with ac plugged and i remove it,the laptop shuts down.
What shall i do?
Thanks in advance.

On July 15, 2014 at 2:06pm
TIGRAN wrote:

only change battery not enought.you need change chip information inside battery.smart battery little diference then ordinary battery in your photocamera.

On July 18, 2014 at 10:11am
SUBRATA GHOSH wrote:

the capacity of my laptop’s battery has totally damaged. It has charged up very quickly & discharges instantly..and also sometimes the battery take 89% or 91% charges only&the; remaining is not completed inspite of direct current. And the machne is suddenly shut down with playing movie,internet surfing…
sir, i am very hopeless & mentally weak at this condition now.. so please give me an ultimate solution,or what should i have to do?

On July 18, 2014 at 2:22pm
TIGRAN wrote:

if your battery is old and was allready few time recalibrated,may show in tray 90-100%,but not disigh capasity.its a last full charge capacity.check it with BATTERYCARE tools and when full charge capasity is less 30% then disign capasity i recomended change battery!

On July 23, 2014 at 8:05pm
Ji Sub Kang wrote:

my laptop battery shuts down suddenly between 80% ~ 90% remaining of charge. is my battery dead ? what should i do ? please help.

On July 23, 2014 at 8:11pm
tigran wrote:

see last comment.

On July 26, 2014 at 1:40pm
ali manj wrote:

please full my laptop battery

On July 26, 2014 at 1:52pm
tigran wrote:

whats wrong on your laptop or garger or battery.write little more about problem?

On August 10, 2014 at 4:19am
PRAMOD KUMAR wrote:

My HCL laptop charger’s connector or port having problem:power doesn’t come continue ......please suggest i need to replace adapter or connector only.

On August 25, 2014 at 11:38am
soubhagya kumar pradhan wrote:

My sony vaio vbceb46fg model laptop showing 90% battery charge at the time of charging, but when i plug out the power supply it automatically shut down within a fraction of seconds..
so please help me out. Battery status is showing healthy..

On September 8, 2014 at 7:26pm
Ali wrote:

My desktop computer is getting very slow, and I have thought of replacing it with a laptop or notebook or whatever smalled units are available. reading this article about batteries, I wondered if I have to have a battery-operated unit. If I get a smaller system, I still plan on using it maily on my desk at home.
easy lift

On September 11, 2014 at 2:48am
questionmark wrote:

Excellent description! Just one question, i want to replace a laptop-battery, is it possible to just look for a battery which has got the same Ampere, Volts and shape as the one which is already in my laptop? If not, why not?

Thanks in advance!

On September 15, 2014 at 11:41am
tigran wrote:

not enough. important.battery have art.NN(for example hstnn-dbow HP).be sure your and stock have same oder capability art.NN.one time i purchase via ebay for fujitsu AH300.on internet my searching only 2 stocks said campability,another non.little design diferance.same voltage etc.good wiil be same or more place campability lists on internet.